Full time students and IATSE members may use discount code TRAIN150 at checkout for $150 off registration for any one course.
12 ETCP Renewal CreditsThis course is designed for entertainment professionals responsible for ensuring the show goes on, every time. This hands-on, two day, ETCP recognized training course covers the design and operation of a hoist, maintenance requirements and needs, startup inspection and troubleshooting. The course content focuses on the mechanical and electrical systems of the Lodestar and Prostar electric chain hoists.
Students will learn:
- Safe practices for handling and operation.
- How to perform frequent & periodic inspections, per ANSI E1.6-2 standards.
- How to adjust and replace limits switches, brakes, and power & control cables.
- Troubleshoot potential issues found in the field.
- Asses and report malfunctions which require the hoist to be sent to out for repair.
The course is concluded by a written exam. Successful completion of this exam awards the student with a Stage Tech Motor Certification, valid for five years.
All tools are provided, but personal tools are also welcome.
Meet Your Trainer
Dave Carmack has more than 40 years of service with CM and has served many roles during his tenure. From 20 years of manufacturing the Lodestar, to Engineering Research and Development Lab Technician and Product Engineer before becoming Entertainment Trainer. Dave has taught classes on 6 of the 7 continents.